Friday, September 26, 2008

School Update!

Ahh, so it's been a while since I've updated this, so it's time I suppose! Free time is in short supply here, with everything that is going on. So I'm sure I won't be able to update as often as I would like.
Things are going well here, we have our 3rd week of school under our belts and we are finally in a routine! We begin our "School-Days" at 7:30am, and we finish around 1:30pm. (We have about a half an hour lunch around Noon) It is exhausting, let me tell ya! But it has also turned out to be one of the most rewarding things we've done! It is so awesome to teach Kat things she never knew before and to help her grasp the things she'll need to get by in life. It's also nice because I KNOW she is getting way more attention and assistance this way. She doesn't have to share the "Teacher's" attention with 29 other kids! If she has questions, she can ask and I have all of the time in the world to answer her :o)
We've also joined a group with AZVA, we get to do P.E with all different age groups and grades on Fridays. I was also fourtunate enough to find a Mom who is also doing her first year of homeschooling, with a little girl the same age as Kaitlynn, so we met up and hit it off immediately and plan to do some school together during the week and lots of outings! So Kaitlynn is slowly making friends and she loves it! I'm realizing that this is definitely what our family needs right now, and the Lord is just blessing it left and right!
Ok, well time is up. Need to go, but I will update again soon!

0 comments: