Well, I think most of you have read the previous blog and know about our Schooling decision with Kat (if not, scroll down) Before we decided to change her arrangements, I had made some decisions for myself!
So time to update! :o)
I enrolled in school last week, for myself! I decided to become a Doula. If you don't know what that is, check out this site http://www.dona.org/mothers/index.php it explains everything.
For those who won't visit the site, I'll briefly explain. A Doula is someone who is certified in child birth education, lactation (breast feeding) and postpartum (after baby is born) I will assist women during child birth, help them during the first few hours after birth, and be available to them for up to 6 weeks after the baby is born, to help in any way I can.
It's an opportunity to do something I love, and to have my own business. I will be on call 24/7 and there will be some late nights on the labor and delivery floor. But it will be so worth it!
I had looked into doing this shortly after Ash was born, but it just wasn't the right time.
I had looked into doing this shortly after Ash was born, but it just wasn't the right time.
So now that everyone is a little older, it seems to be good timing. My first workshop is November 7th!
I had also decided last week, to take on a job as a Nanny to help pay for my tuition. So needless to say my plate is full!!
Mommy, Nanny, and Teacher by day. Student by night! Should be exhausting! But so worth it!

0 comments:
Post a Comment