Well, we have our first week of School down! It was a little rough the first couple of days, but we are in a steady routine now, and Kaitlynn is doing great! She is doing all second grade work, except for Math, which I think is amazing!! Today her "Teacher" (assigned by the state) is going to call the house and do DIBELS testing with her on a conference call. They will also do it in the middle and end of the year to check her progress. She did this testing last year, so we know all about it already!
We've got the dining room all set up as her little classroom, and she loves it! Her computer and text books should be here this week some time. So right now we're doing contingency classes online. The curriculum is pretty awesome, and it keeps pace with the public schools. I'm glad we found this program, because they keep me accountable and that is the main thing! I'm all for home schooling, if you do it right and stick with it!
Aside from school, everyone is doing great. We had a nice relaxing weekend. (went by too fast!) We hung out in the backyard a lot this weekend, because it's cooling down a bit! We also went to Grandma Norma's house for lunch/dinner and looked at all of her pictures with her, and she told us some fun stories! I love being with her, she's awesome! Here are a couple of pics from the weekend. Only have a few short minutes to blog (time seems to be in short supply around here lately!)
Hope everyone is doing great! I'll update again soon!
Painting Bird Houses
Playing in the water feature
Finished product, can you guys which one is Ash's?

0 comments:
Post a Comment