Holy cow, this has been a crazy week. Thursday morning, the movers came (they were awesome, and lightning quick by the way) by 3pm we had everything in our new house. We've spent the last 4 days, painting and trying to get everything settled. It's a huge task for sure. But I couldn't be happier. Our house is awesome, I love it so much!
Today we finally finished all of the painting, and our bedrooms are set up, so all that is left is the downstairs.
Speaking of painting, we had tons of it to do, and I hated every second of it and while finishing up the miserable task, I thought of a few things that relate to our painting experience...thought I'd share...and try and save you all some pain!
Advice on Painting-
#1-Primer is your friend! Don't try and paint ANY room without it! It prevents your beautiful vision of a pastel pink room, from turning out looking like Barbie herself, puked hot pink bubble gum all over the walls.
#2-Make sure you get the right rollers, smooth surface rollers SUCK on textured walls.
#3-Wear shoes when standing on a ladder painting...it may not hurt at the moment, but you WILL have sore feet in the morning.
#4-Paint fumes WILL make you loopy, it may be fun for a while, but you will be hung over in the morning, open a window!
#5-Do NOT, I repeat, Do NOT paint with your spouse, you will end up wanting to do horrible things to them with your roller, and will probably be looking up divorce attorneys before the walls are even dry!
#6-Rum and Cokes may dull the pain of such a tedious task, like painting...however...the room will look like crap and you'll have to re-do it in the morning
#7-If you're starting to lose your footing on the ladder, just fall...it will be less painful than trying to fix the mess you made grabbing the wall on the way down.
#8- Feverishly rubbing paint with your toe, won't stop it from adhering itself to the carpet, believe it or not, it makes it worse.
And last but not least- #9-HIRE A PROFESSIONAL!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment