Ok, so...Friday I was working, and got WAY over heated. It was 114 out and we were outside washing windows on a building. We had been out there for 6 hours and counting, when I started to feel sick and light headed so I told Donna we needed to leave. I got in the car and cranked the air, to try and cool down. We were all the way in Scottsdale and I just wanted to make it back to my Mom's house in Goodyear (about 40 miles away) so I could lay down. We got within 20 minutes of my Mom's and Donna said she thought I needed to go to the hospital. By the time I got to the hospital, I couldn't remember our phone number, or our house number, I only knew our street name and was really dizzy and disoriented. They took me back right away, and within an hour diagnosed me with a heat stroke. I was really short of breath while I was there, so they decided to do a CT scan of my chest. I figured they would say everything was fine and send me home. But they came in and told us that they found a blood clot in the lower part of my right lung. They admitted me to the hospital, and kept me on the Cardiac floor. And immediately started me on blood thinners.
When I was pregnant with Ash, they ran a ton of blood tests on me, because my water had broken with her, and I had lost 4 pregnancies before her. In the process of doing the workup to try and find a reason why I was miscarrying so often, they found that I had what is called Prothrombin Gene Mutation. It causes my blood to clot when it is not supposed to, which is what caused me to end up in the situation I was in last week!
My Dr. has been telling me for the last 3 years that I don't need blood thinners, but apparently I do. The Dr's at the hospital told me that I am lucky I had the heat stroke, because if I hadn't I probably wouldn't have went to the ER and the clot would have either gotten bigger and killed me, or it would have broken off into smaller pieces and went to my brain, heart or another part of my lungs and killed me. So needless to say the Lord had his hand in this situation (once again) and protected me! I am SO thankful!!
I will be on blood thinners for the rest of my life, which pose a risk in itself. But the risk of NOT being on blood thinners, is MUCH higher than being on them.
Thank you so much for all of the prayers, and for the flowers and cards, and for coming to visit me! I am blessed with awesome friends and family! I am also blessed with an amazing God who is always looking out for me, and reminding me when I am straying a bit too far. He loves me enough to allow me to go through something like this to remind me that I need him.

0 comments:
Post a Comment