Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!!

The girls have been totally excited about Mothers Day for weeks!! So this morning, they (with the help of their Daddy) brought me breakfast in bed, with flowers and a TON of little notes and cards that they made themselves! Ashlynn also gave me a Teddy Bear that I bought her from build-a-bear about a year ago, and gave me her bracelets, it was SO sweet!! She handed them to me and said "Supwise Mama!" LOL She's great!! Kaitlynn was all about helping me ALL day! She helped clean, and got me things throughout the day. We all basically lounged around, and played Wii together and just hung out!! It was great!! Chris bought me a WHOLE new bedroom set, I have been wanting to re-do my bedroom for a while now, I am going for a Beach House/Beach resort, and he bought me what I needed to get it started!! He also cleaned house all day, and made every meal and took care of the girls completely so I could just chill!! Thanks hun!

Today really was a time of reflection for me...
I have been a Mommy for 6 years, and I can't begin to describe how much it has changed my life. I have those days, where I just want to give up because it's so hard and stressful. But I also have many days that I am on cloud 9, because it just doesn't get any better than this!
Kaitlynn my first little baby girl, she changed my whole world, I've learned so many things along the way and I never knew that I could love someone so much. When she was born was the first time in my whole life, that I was able to see a part of me, living, breathing and growing. It was also the first time I was responsible for such a precious little life. And I realized that I would forever shape the way she felt, the way she lived and the way she treated others. I am so very proud of the little girl she is, and the woman I know she will someday become. She amazes me.

Ash, oh my little Ash. By the time she came around I was already building the tools that I would need to be a Mom, so I thought things would be a lot easier the second time around. I had no idea the struggles that lay ahead of us. I had no idea how hard we would have to fight to get her here. I love both of my girls equally, but Ash and I certainly have a very special, unspoken bond between us, because of all that we went through together. There were so many days that I felt like giving up, and thought that the day that I could hear her first tiny cry would never come. In the beginning, I thought that I was so alone, laying in that hospital bed day after day, with my family an hour away. And the Doctors constantly reminding me that she would never be born alive, or normal. Until finally I realized, that I wasn't alone, she was right there with me, and instead of ME fighting for HER...WE were fighting together. She is so beautiful, and tender-hearted and a true blessing to our family. I am truly overwhelmed everytime I look at her and remember how close we came to loosing her, and when I try to comprehend what it must have been like for her to literally be in the hands of our Lord, while he was protecting her. I don't know why he did, what he did for us. But I am forever grateful.
So I guess, all of this mushy-ness was to remind all of us Mom's that Mothers Day isn't really about us, but more so, about the little ones who have made us the Moms that we are! I don't even dare think where I might be if I didn't have them!
I hope everyones Mothers Day was fantastic, mine sure was!

0 comments: