Friday, April 18, 2008

Just to get everyone caught up!

Ok, so I figured I should get everyone up-to-date on the things that have been going on around here! Where to start??

Lets start with Chris, as most of you know he has some serious back problems, and has for many years. Well for the last 2 years, he has been dealing with new back issues, and we have been taking him to Dr after Dr to try and figure out what the deal is. Well a few weeks ago we finally got some answers...He has 4 herniated discs (just like his lower back) one in his neck, and 3 in between his shoulder blades. These discs have caused nerve damage in his left arm and neck. So he has no strength in his arms and is in constant pain. He has an appointment on May 12th with the Neuro Surgeon, and that is when we'll decide when to have surgery to fix them.
Please keep him in your prayers, because the discs are located in spots that could cause serious problems (paralysis etc) if they rupture before he has surgery. Scary, scary stuff! But God is in control!

I, on the other hand will also be having surgery soon. I have some kind of growth in my Uterus that needs to be removed. The Doctors want to do a hysterectomy because I have had so many issues in this area since after Kaitlynn was born. But I am going to try and avoid that. I think 24 is too young for that kind of procedure. My appointment is May 1st, so I'll have more answers then.

The girls are doing much better than their parents! LOL (Praise God!) Kaitlynn is almost done with Kindergarten, her last day is May 22nd! She is so excited! She did SO good this year, every report card was excellent, she has exceeded everyone's expectations, she is one smart cookie! She is also playing Tee Ball now, she has a good time, but doesn't like to be in the "ready" stance, the whole game! She is turning 6 (can you believe it??) In June, so we are planning her Make-up and Hairstyling party, she's so excited!!

Ashlynn, oh my Ashlynn....she's amazing. She will be 3 (again, can you believe it??) in June! She is learning right along with her "sissy". Kaitlynn always comes home with new things to teach Ash, and she just eats it up! She is healthy, happy and stinkin' hilarious!! She has personality beyond her years. And she has the most tender heart you'll ever see! I am enjoying being home with her everyday, and the girl keeps me on my toes, let me tell ya!

As far as a family, we are doing great. We actually found out last month that we are approved for a mortgage and we found our dream home! We put in an offer about a month ago, but the house is a Short Sale so it takes longer than traditional resale homes, but it helps us save...we are buying the house for about $50,000 cheaper than what we would pay if it were just a normal sale. We found out today that it will be another 4-6 weeks before we have an acceptance letter from the bank and can start the closing process. And since Chris and I are two of the most impatient people on the planet, this has been hard on us...but it will be worth it in the end! It's in a great neighborhood, has all of the room we need, and has a Pool and Hot Tub!! Woo Hoo!!! Pray that it all goes through quickly!!!!

Whew~Well I suppose you all are officially updated! I'll post more as it comes!!

0 comments: