Monday, June 15, 2009

It's been a LONG time!

Things have been pretty crazy for us the past 3 months. As most of you know, Chris lost his job, we lost our house and for the next couple of months bounced around staying with friends and family. We had planned on moving to Michigan to stay with Chris' sister Heather, and about 5 days before we were scheduled to move, Chris got a job offer here in Tempe, AZ! Obviously the Lord wanted us to stay here, and he made that possible by finding Chris this job.
I'll admit though, that we were all bummed that we didn't get to go to Michigan because we know we would have had a blast, but God has his plan for us and we just have to follow him! We're still trying to plan a trip to visit them soon though!

So far, this job is great. Chris is less stressed out and is working normal hours, and is usually home around 4:30 everyday, which is so nice! At his old job we wouldn't see him until 6:30-7 and would only have a short time to hang with him before bed time. So we are all defnitely loving the hours! We're so thankful that he has this job.

We also finally moved into our own place! As much as we appreciated our friends Ronney and Angie and Chris' parents giving us a place to stay, and had so much fun being with them, there is no place like your own home!
We moved into an apartment in Goodyear last Saturday and are loving it!

Going through what we've been through these past few months has been a blessing in disguise, because we were able to get our priorities in check and realize what is truly important to us, and what this life is really about.
We were also able to see who our real friends and family are, and it made us so grateful for the ones who stood up to help us out, no questions asked. We're so thankful for the people in our lives that love us unconditionally and who are there for us no matter what!

Well, thats about all I have for now, I need to get back to unpacking and get some laundry done! I'll update with pictures as soon as I find my camera! It's buried some where in a box I assume! :o)

1 comments:

Sara and Roy said...

Aw, I love you too!! :)