Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's been a while!

Well it has been a while since my last post. We have been super busy and just haven't had the time to get on!
A short update:
As most of you know, Chris and I are back together. We both have been going to church for a while now, and the Lord has opened our eyes to how important it is to be in his will and save our marriage. So that is what we are doing, and with his help, we will make it! We are very happy, and totally excited about the work that we both see God doing in each of our lives! It is amazing what he is able to do, when you turn your life over to him, and trust that he knows better than you do!
As for me, I am doing better health wise, I had a bleeding episode about 2 weeks ago, my INR (which is the number that tells how thin your blood is) is supposed to be between 2.0 and 3.0 and I ended up being at 7.1 which means my blood was dangerously thin, and can cause spontaneous bleeds at that level, so with my luck, it caused me to start bleeding from my Kidneys.
They had to give me a Vitamin K shot and took me off of the Coumadin to stop the bleeding, which worked Thank God! After I got out of the hospital I started the Coumadin again, and had to do Lovenox injections (yuck) I went to the Dr. today and my INR is at 3.0, which is on the high end of where they want me to be, so they cut back my medicine. I'll tell you what, I'll take 3.0 over 7.1 any day! I'm learning that this blood thinner thing is a constant threat, and a constant battle. But I am trusting the Lord to take care of me.
The kids are great! Kaitlynn spent a week with Grandma Norma, which I am told will be a Summer Time Ritual! They had a blast together! They are two peas in a pod! Kaitlynn got to go to dance classes with Grandma twice, and I hear she was the star of the show! LOL It's so nice to have her in our lives, the girls just love her to pieces! Kaitlynn is starting school on the 11th, Summer time went by WAY too fast!! But she is ready to go back, even though I am not! She's anxious to see all of her friends. Although, we have been looking for a home in Goodyear, so I don't think she'll be at her school for the entire year, which stinks. But our lease is up here in September, and we are ready for a place of our own! This Friday, Miss Kaitlynn goes to the Eye Dr, to get glasses, the Dr. did an eye exam last week and she needs some specs! I figured this was coming though since most of her family members wear them. I think she'll look cute!!
Ashlynn is doing great, STILL working on potty training her, she won't do #1 in the potty, but always does #2 in the potty, weird I know. I took her to the Dr last week and she gave me some pointers on how to help Ash through it and reminded me, that she was Preemie so she is a little behind. She is also too thin, she's only 27lbs, which is what Kat was when she was 1. Ash is 3, so she needs to put on weight! They gave her this mix to put in her milk at dinner time, which will add calories and nutrition. In other areas, she is doing great, she's smart and loving, and a pure joy to have! I am looking into putting her in preschool a couple of days a week when Kat goes back to school, but she has to be potty trained before they'll take her, so pray hard please! LOL
Chris is doing good, he's SO busy at work. He is working 11 hour days, and I feel like I hardly see him. He is worn out most days, and only has a few hours to hang with us before bed time, and that is wearing on him. But he is a huge asset to his company and we are so proud of him. He is appreciated for sure! He takes such good care of all 3 of us and we are thankful!
Our 7 year wedding anniversary is coming up in Septemeber, and I think we will take a weekend off, and spend some time alone, I'm sure it will be great for the both of us!
As a family, we are planning to take a vacation to California in October and we are SO excited! Can't wait!!
Well, I think you all are officially caught up! Here are some random pictures from recently, enjoy and take care!!


Pretend cooking in the Real kitchen!







0 comments: